BPI Sports make a number of different supplements, from protein powders to pre workouts, and Roxylean is their main fat burner offering targeted at women.
If you’re a regular reader of our reviews, you’ll already know that we’re big fans of fat burners targeted specifically at women, as most products these days seem to be aimed at men.
The manufacturers say that this product has been specifically designed to help you shed the pounds faster than ever, so we’re looking forward to delving a little bit deeper to see if this product lives up to the marketing hype or not.
We’re going to be taking a close look at the ingredients, the customer reviews, and all of the other important information to determine whether this is a fat burner supplement you should be taking or not.
So, let’s kick off our Roxylean BPI review by starting with the basic information about this fat burner for women.
Roxylean is marketed as a fat burner supplement for women to help speed up weight loss.
The official website says that it’s been specifically formulated to help you burn more fat and lose weight in three different ways.
• Thermogenic fat burning
• Appetite suppressant
• Boosted energy levels
This all sounds good to us. As you should already be aware, the best fat burner supplements help you to lose weight in multiple ways.
Getting your body to burn more fat is not an easy task, so you’ll definitely want to choose a supplement that works in multiple ways to help you burn more fat.
It’s good to see that BPI have set out to make a supplement which works in multiple ways. Now it’s time to take a look at the ingredients to see whether this supplement can really deliver on its claims or not.
Let’s start this all-important ingredients section by taking a close look at the actual ingredients label of this product.
The first disappointing thing that we noticed about this product is that it uses something called a proprietary blend.
This is where a manufacturer chooses to mask the individual doses of the ingredients, meaning that we don’t know exactly how much of each substance is used in the product.
Unfortunately, this is not good news, because it makes it very difficult to judge the effectiveness of the product. We strongly feel that there is no excuse for a manufacturer not to list the actual ingredient doses in this day and age.
Anyway, let’s now focus on the main ingredients that Roxylean uses.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – This is a good fat burning ingredient to it’s good to see it in Roxylean BPI. It works by raising your energy levels and it can also have appetite suppressing effects.
The bad news about this ingredient is that we don’t know exactly how much is in each dose. Not good, because too much Caffeine can cause unwanted side effects such as the jitters or energy crashes.
• Lemon – This is the first time we’ve come across a supplement which uses lemon as an ingredient. It’s not one of the best fat burner ingredients around at the moment. BPI Sports have said that they’ve included this particular ingredient because apparently it can help to control appetite. There’s not much evidence to back this up though.
• Yohimbe – This is a chemical derived from the bark of the Pausinystalia yohimbe tree in Central Africa. It’s thought to help suppress appetite and possibly help with weight loss. However, we don’t rate it as one of the best fat burner ingredients because it’s been known to cause nasty side effects such as Increased Anxiety and Raised Blood Pressure in some people. We’re not fans of this ingredient and even have a guide to the best fat burners without Yohimbe.
• Goldenseal – This is a herb which BPI Sports say that they’ve included in this supplement because it helps to eliminate toxins and water by promoting sweating and urination. But it’s not been linked with fat burning so it seems to be a bit of a pointless inclusion.
• White Willow – Again, this is not one of the best fat burning ingredients. BPI Sports say they’ve used it because it’s “believed” to extend fat burning effects. We prefer ingredients that have actually been proven by science. Again, it’s not one of the best proven fat burning ingredients.
• Capsicum annuum – This ingredient is listed under ‘other ingredients’ on the label of Roxylean. Again, we don’t know the dose amount which isn’t good. The good news is that this is one of the better ingredients in the product. Chilli peppers can help boost metabolism and suppress appetite.
Where to start? Roxylean falls quite a way short of being considered one of the best fat burners for women on the market right now.
Aside from using a proprietary blend, Roxylean also doesn’t contain any Green Tea Extract, which is one of the best fat burner ingredients around.
We’d also have much preferred to see BPI swap one of their unproven ingredients such as White Willow for a solid natural appetite suppressant such as Glucomannan.
There was also no Green Coffee Extract or Chromium in this product, two other of the best fat burning ingredients.
It also doesn’t use Turmeric, one of the flagship ingredients of the current top rated female fat burner Leanbean.
All in all, Roxylean falls quite a way short of being considered one of the best fat burners for women.
As we’ve already mentioned, there are a few ingredients in Roxylean which could cause side effects in some people.
The problem with the proprietary blend is that some ingredients could be overdosed and others underdosed. We simply don’t know.
Yohimbe is known to cause side effects such as stomach problems, increased anxiety and nausea in some people.
We don’t know exactly how much Caffeine is included per serving. The closest thing we get to an official dose is from the official website, where it says that one capsule is the equivalent to “three cups of coffee”.
The directions for Roxylean are pretty simple.
You are advised to take one capsule daily, in the morning on an empty stomach before food, or as directed by a qualified healthcare practitioner.
There is a warning saying not to exceed the stated dose of one capsule per day.
From our research, the best fat burners require you to take them multiple times a day. As we touched on above, to burn more fat your body will need a regular supply of the fuel it needs to do so.
The best fat burners require you to take them three to four times per day. It’s unlikely that one capsule per day is going to have much of a fat burning effect.
We found lots of positive reviews of Roxylean on the official website, although that’s probably not a surprise. It had an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
One person warned that this product is “no joke” and said not to mix it with other supplements.
Someone else said that it made them sweat a little bit more during their workout at the gym.
We’re still waiting to hear more about this product from customers.
Definitely not. Roxylean contains a couple of good ingredients but it’s fallen way short of expectations because of the fact that it uses a proprietary blend and has a lot of unproven ingredients.
Leanbean is currently our top rated fat burner for women on the market. You can check out the rest of the top five in our full guide via the link below.
As we say when discussing any supplements, there is no such thing as a magic fat burning pill to help you lose weight.
If you want to make a change, you should always first make sure that your diet and training regime are both on point.
You should only consider taking a quality fat burner after you’ve addressed the fundamentals.
That wraps up our Roxylean BPI review. Overall, this product fell quite a way short of our expectations. It uses too many unproven ingredients and also has a proprietary blend to make things worse.
Put simply, there are some much better options on the market right now.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge
BIOGRAPHY: Kepa Arrizabalaga