In this review article, we’re going to review Shred Her and see how it scores against the competitor products on the market.
Then we’ll see what the user feedback is like for this supplement, whilst also running a careful eye over the ingredients list to find out how effective NLA’s formula really is.
Shred Her belongs to the category of supplements designed to help support your goals.
They work by using a variety of different ingredients that have been selected to support you on your journey.
Shred Her is one of an increasing band of products that are aimed at female customers rather than men. We recently picked out the best five supplements for women in our definitive guide, so be sure to check it out if you’re looking for the best-rated supplements for females.
Before we get started, it’s important to realise that most of the supplements in this category, including the one featured on this page, have not been proven to help with fat loss and fat burning.
They are supplements designed to support your goals and that usually contain a number of plant extracts and other ingredients such as vitamins and minerals.
So, let’s take a better look at the unique contents of this supplement and see if it lives up to its billing.
One of the first things that stuck out to us was that Shred Her contains something called a ‘proprietary blend’. This allows a manufacturer to essentially “hide” the individual doses of each ingredient.
It’s not something we’re a fan of because it makes it difficult to gauge the overall quality of the supplement. Although Shred Her does include some decent ingredients, the lack of exact doses does impact on our view of the product.
That being said let’s dive in and take a look at the ingredients in Shred Her.
• Green Tea Leaf Extract – This is a very popular natural ingredient so it was nice to see it in Shred Her’s formula. Green Tea is a popular supplement ingredient and is also commonly consumed as a hot drink. Most of the top products in this category contain Green Tea, so it was good to find it on the label.
• Bitter Orange (Synephrine) – We’ve found Bitter Orange is getting used more frequently in these kinds of supplements. It’s proper name is Citrus Aurantium. It has been linked to certain benefits, however we’re not sure it could be classified as a top ingredient as the research is still a little bit thin for our liking. We would also note that this ingredient has been known to cause some side effects in people when used alongside Caffeine.
As Shred Her uses a proprietary blend, we can’t say for sure how much Bitter Orange (or indeed Caffeine) is in the product.
• Guarana – This ingredient comes from the Amazon rainforest, it’s used quite often in certain supplements and has been linked to certain benefits. Guarana contains Caffeine. Once again, the high stimulant content means that some people may see negative effects.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – This is a top ingredient that’s found in a large proportion of similar supplements these days. We expected the inclusion of this substance and we were pleased to find it on the lable. The only thing that makes us a little wary is the fact its paired with Bitter Orange (something that may cause side effects), we’d also have liked to have seen the total dose listed on the packaging.
Here is the full ingredients list from the label:
Despite the fact that Shred Her includes some decent inclusions, there are a few substances we think should have been in there.
Two of the most glaring oversights of this formula were Garcinia and Konjac Fibre not being included, these are two of our favorite ingredients.
We have to say, Shred Her seems to focus a little too much on adding stimulants rather than anything else. This is a little bit disappointing.
Apart from that, we also noticed there was no Chromium, Zinc or Black Pepper on the label.
All three of these make up the backbone of a quality supplement in this category. Chromium contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism as well as the maintenance of normal blood glucose concentrations.
Usually we’d say not. The days of illegal, dangerous supplements seem to be numbered, with a lot more quality products coming onto the market.
That said, you should always assess the label yourself to be 100% certain you have no allergies to the ingredients.
In terms of the individual effects of this product, the addition of Bitter Orange, Guarana, Green Tea and Caffeine certainly caught our attention.
If you’re easily effected by stimulants, you may want to proceed with caution as this supplement definitely doesn’t hold back in that regard. We definitely wouldn’t advise you take it close to bedtime.
We do strongly recommend speaking to your doctor before thinking about taking any new supplement for the first time.
Each bottle of Shred Her contains 60 capsules, unfortunately they do contain gelatin, meaning they’re not suitable for vegetarian or vegan diets.
They recommend you take one serving (four capsules) twice a day.
That means that if you take the biggest possible dose each day, one bottle will last you a month.
The makers do warn of the high Caffeine content and say that possible side effects are restlessness and poor sleep.
We had a look at some reviews for Shred Her on bodybuilding.com.
Broadly speaking, these weren’t too bad, however there were a few unhappy customers.
The good reviews included one customer who simply said the product was perfect, another said she loved the energy boost and it had her favorite ingredients.
However, another user did say she felt the formula was too intense for her, whilst another said they were not impressed and recommended an alternative.
We don’t consider this supplement to be one of the very best. The best products around usually include a few more commonly used ingredients.
We recently chose the pick of the bunch when it comes to the best five supplements on sale at the moment. Check out what we found by hitting the link below.
Whilst a good supplement can certainly help to support your goals, don’t take your foot off the gas when it comes to working out and consuming clean foods.
If you’re familiar with our articles on supplements, you’ll know this already.
A good supplement will only work when combined with the right lifestyle choices. That means sticking to a good diet and exercising regularly. There is no shortcut to success when it comes to your body.
So, is NLA Shred Her a good supplement which you should think about using? Here are our thoughts summarised and broken down:
• Some popular ingredients
• Favorable reviews
• Proprietary blend conceals ingredient doses
• High in stimulants for a female product
• Missing some of our favorite ingredients
Don’t forget to look at our pick of the best five supplements on offer right now by hitting the link below.
So, that’s that. We’ve made it to the end of our Shred Her by NLA for Her review. We don’t have any major concerns about this product and think it would do an OK job.
However, we can’t give it full marks due to the number of weaknesses we found with the formula. We do think there’s a few better options out there right now.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Ethan Hazard
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge