• First published on August 07, 2017
In this review post, we’re going to be taking a close look at exactly which ingredients Shred Jym uses and also compare it to some of the other products on the market at the moment.
We’ll also check out some customer reviews to see what other people are saying about this product.
Shred Jym can be classified as belonging to a category of supplements usually referred to as so-called ‘fat burners.’
Generally, these kinds of supplements are designed to help support you on your journey by using a number of key ingredients.
There are lots of different products out there at the moment, so it can be confusing when trying to select the best supplement.
Shred Jym in particular, contains a number of commonly used ingredients that have been specifically selected to help support your body goals.
So, let’s take a close look at the individual ingredients in Shred Jym to see if it’s all it is cracked up to be.
One of the first things that caught our eye about Shred Jym is that it has a relatively small ingredients list (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing).
Indeed, Shred Jym only contains six core ingredients, which is far fewer than a lot of the other products out there at the moment.
That being said, there are still quite a lot of things missing from this product in our opinion. But we’ll get into the details a bit later on.
• Green Tea Leaf Extract – This is one of our favorite ingredients so it’s brilliant to see that it’s been included in Shred Jym. Green Tea is incredibly popular these days and is well-known as a hot drink. Each four-capsule serving of Shred Jym contains 500mg of Green Tea Leaf Extract, which is quite a lot.
• Cayenne Pepper Fruit Extract – This is another one of our favorite ingredients for a product in this category. We’re big fans of it and you’ll likely to find it in the top products in this category. It’s great to see it included in Shred Jym and each four-capsule serving contains 50mg of Cayenne.
• Caffeine Anhydrous – This is another top ingredient for any supplement in this category, so it’s good to see it make the cut in Shred Jym. Caffeine is one of the most popular ingredients on the planet and coffee drinkers will certainly need no introduction to it. We were pleased to find it in the formula and most of the top products contain at least some caffeine. Each serving of Shred Jym contains 200mg of Caffeine Anhydrous, which is quite a lot.
• Acetyl-L-Carnitine – This is an amino acid but is not an ingredient we have seen in many supplements in this category before. That said, we have seen it in quite a few of the best pre workout supplements out there right now. Each serving of Shred Jym contains 1500mg of L-Carnitine, which is definitely a generous dose.
• Bitter Orange (Synephrine) – We’ve noticed this particular ingredient springing up more and more often in these kinds of supplements. Bitter Orange, included in Shred Jym as Citrus aurantium unripe fruit extract, is believed to have some benefits. However, we certainly do not rate it as one of the very best products out there right now. Each serving of Shred Jym contains 20mg of Bitter Orange. We have some concerns about this ingredient but we’ll get into that in more detail below.
The final ingredient in Shred Jym is L-Tyrosine, which is an amino acid. Shred Jym contains 500mg of L-Tyrosine per serving.
Despite the core ingredients of Shred Jym being pretty good, there are definitely quite a few things missing in our opinion.
Firstly, it was a shame not to see Green Coffee Bean included in this supplement in some form. This is one of our favorite ingredients (even though a lot of products don’t contain it).
It was also disappointing to see that there was no Zinc or B Vitamins included, and other notable omissions were Chromium and Black Pepper Extract.
It was also a shame not to find any black pepper extract in this supplement. It’s one of our favorite ingredients for a supplement like this.
Usually, these kinds of health supplements are relatively safe, because they tend to only use natural ingredients.
That said, we always recommend taking a close look at the label before trying a new product to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
The main issue which arises from this product is the potential problems caused by the inclusion of both Bitter Orange and Caffeine together. We’ve read about some potential negatives concerning this, so it’s a good idea to check this in detail first.
We’d also remind you that each serving of Shred Jym contains quite a lot of caffeine (200mg), so be careful not to overdo it if you’re already a big coffee drinker.
Each bottle of Shred Jym contains 240 capsules. They recommend to take one serving (four capsules) of Shred Jym two to three times per day.
That means that if you take the maximum dose, one bottle of Shred Jym would last you just 20 days.
There’s a warning on the website saying that you should avoid taking the supplement on an empty stomach, and not to take it within six hours of bedtime.
Considering the significant Caffeine content, we’d recommend taking this supplement as early in the day as possible.
There are some pretty good reviews of Shred Jym online.
One user described it as the best supplement in this category out there at the moment, saying it gave them energy but without any jitters.
Another customer reported that he experienced some significant benefits while taking the product, although he was training hard and eating well.
One more user said that you’ll have to make sure that you’re training hard and eating right to see any results from this product.
It’s a decent option but there are better products out there in our opinion. The best supplements in this category around usually contain a few more proven ingredients.
We recently selected our pick of the best supplements on sale at the moment by comparing the ingredients and reading the customer reviews. Check out the list by clicking the link below.
If you’ve read any of our supplement reviews before, this won’t be new to you. These kinds of supplements are only effective if you’re working hard in the gym and eating right.
There’s no shortcut to success when it comes to your body, but a good supplement can help to support you on your journey if you’re already exercising regularly and eating right.
So, is Shred Jym a good supplement which you should consider? Here are our thoughts on this supplement in a nutshell:
• Good core ingredients
• Positive reviews
• Missing some key substances
• Can only buy it in one place
• We are not fans of Bitter Orange
Remember to check out our pick of the best five supplements by hitting the link below.
There we have it, our full review of Shred Jym. This is a decent supplement made by a reputable company. However, we won’t be giving it top marks because it’s missing some of our favorite ingredients and we feel that there are some better options out there at the moment.
The information on this website is intended for entertainment purposes only and does not constitute professional, medical or healthcare advice or diagnosis, and may not be used as such.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Ethan Hazard
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge