It promises to help make use of powerful ingredients to help you on your journey and says it will deliver on its claims, unlike other similar products.
The product is branded as an “extreme” supplement and claims to work in multiple ways to support a healthy lifestyle.
We’re always on the lookout for the latest female supplements to hit the market, so we were keen to find out more about Skinny Gal by Rockstar.
Most of the supplements we’ve come across seem to be marketed only towards men, so it’s always refreshing to come across products that have been specifically targeted at women.
Remember to check out our updated guide to the best five supplements for women on the market right now.
This review is going to focus on all of the important things you need to know about this particular supplement, so you can decide whether it’s the product for you or if your money is better spent elsewhere.
As mentioned above, this is a female specific supplement which claims to help support you and your goals.
We’re always a bit skeptical of products which claim to work faster than normal, because we all know that achieving your goals takes patience and consistency.
The simple fact of the matter is that it’s probably going to take you at least a couple of months to see noticeable results when combining any supplement with a healthy lifestyle.
Skinny Gal claims to have been designed by women, for women. It’s always refreshing to find products aimed solely at women in what tends to be a male-dominated market.
It’s made in the USA and Rockstar are clearly confident in their product, because they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
So, what is this product claimed to do? According to the official marketing material, it’s been designed to work in three main ways.
It’s good that Skinny Gal by Rockstar has been designed to work in multiple ways.
The best supplements work in at least three ways to help to support you on your journey.
The product claims that it’s been designed as a safe, pure, and all natural supplement for women.
So, does Skinny Gal live up to its own hype or would your money be better spent elsewhere? Let’s take a close look at the all-important ingredients to find out.
Let’s start this part by taking a look at the actual ingredients list of Skinny Gal, so we know exactly what’s in this supplement.
The first disappointing thing that we immediately noticed after taking a quick look at the label is that Skinny Gal uses a proprietary blend.
We do not like it at all when supplements do this, because it means that we don’t know the specific doses of the individual ingredients, which makes it very difficult to judge effectiveness.
Skinny Gal uses 235mg proprietary blend which contains most of the ingredients, which is disappointing because it means that we don’t know the doses of the main ingredients used.
Let’s take a look at the ingredients used in Skinny Gal:
• Caffeine Anhydrous – We always like to see this ingredient used in small doses in this category of supplements. Sadly, we don’t know the dose because of the proprietary blend, but it’s clearly less than 235mg per serving, as that’s the total blend amount.
• Green Coffee – This is a solid inclusion in any fat burner. Green Coffee is rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid and it is a common ingredient for a supplement in this category.
• Cayenne Pepper – One of our top recommended ingredients. Cayenne Pepper is one of the most common ingredients in supplements in this category. Again, though, we don’t know the dose because of the proprietary blend.
• Guarana – Another stimulant to go alongside the Caffeine, It’s probably unnecessary considering that Skinny Gal already uses Caffeine, but it probably won’t do any harm as long as the dose is right.
• Apple Cider Vinegar – We’ve found this ingredient in a number of supplements we’ve reviewed recently. It is claimed to help with certain things, but not many of these claims have been backed up by real science.
• Rhodiola – This is a herb that is actually one of our favorite pre workout ingredients. We’re not really used to seeing it in many other types of supplements.
• 5-HTP – This is a supplement sometimes sold in health stores. It has been claimed to help with certain things, but we are not totally convinced by its inclusion here.
• Turmeric – This is a spice commonly used in cooking. It has been claimed to help with certain things. It’s not a bad ingredient and is sometimes found in the female focused supplements in this category.
• Hoodia – This is the extract from a plant which usually grows in Botswana, South Africa and Namibia. We’ve not come across it in too many supplements like this before.
• Garcinia Cambogia – This tropical fruit extract is sometimes found in these kinds of supplements. There probably needs to be some more research into it though.
• CLA – Short for Conjugated Linoleic Acid. This is a natural fatty acid which often is used in these kinds of supplements. There are other better proven ingredients out there, though.
• African Mango – We’ve found this ingredient in a few of the supplements we’ve reviewed recently. However, we feel that something better could have been used in its place.
• White Kidney Bean Extract – This is an ingredient which sometimes makes it into this kind of supplement, although there has not been that much scientific research done into it.
• Raspberry Ketones – Found in the skin of raspberries. It’s sometimes used as an ingredient in this kind of supplement. It’s a good inclusion in Skinny Gal.
Skinny Gal uses an exhaustive ingredients list. There are a staggering 14 ingredients in this supplement, which we don’t necessarily think is a good thing.
That’s because supplements that use lots of ingredients tend to serve ineffective doses, because there are so many substances to cram into each serving.
Although Skinny Gal does use some decent inclusions, it was shame that Rockstar didn’t include any Glucomannan, which is one of our favorites.
It was also a shame not to find any Green Tea Extract in this supplement. Green Tea is a common ingredient and it was a shame not to find it in this product.
We really feel that Skinny Gal is let down by the fact that it uses a proprietary blend with so many ingredients in it, because that means the substances are all likely to be under-dosed and therefore less effective.
The main thing we always look out for in supplements of this type is the over-use of stimulants. Because Skinny Gal uses both Caffeine and Guarana in a proprietary blend, we don’t know how much (or how little) of each of these is used.
This is not good, but at least we can be sure that there’s not more than 235mg of Caffeine per serving, because that’s the total proprietary blend amount.
We always recommend doing your own research into each of the ingredients before taking any supplement for the first time, because you could be allergic to some of the substances used or had problems with them in the past.
We do also recommend speaking to your doctor before thinking about trying any new supplement for the first time.
Each bottle of Skinny Gal Rockstar contains 60 capsules. That’s a 60 day supply.
The directions say that you should take one capsule per day before a meal.
This is not a good sign in our opinion. One capsule per day is not likely to be enough to deliver effective doses of the ingredients used.
For this reason, most of the top supplements on the market use regular servings (3-4 per day) to make sure that your body consistently gets the ingredients.
Skinny Gal currently has an average rating of 4.3 out of five stars on Amazon, and it seems to be a largely well-received product by customers.
One person said that they loved Skinny Gal and even went as far as to say that it changed her life.
Someone else said that it helped to support her on her journey towards hitting her goals.
However, one other customer was not happy at all and said that it messed with her hormones to leave her feeling sad, which doesn’t sound good at all.
Simply put, no. Skinny Gal does use some good ingredients but the fact that it uses a proprietary blend that is likely to contain weak doses means that we don’t rate it as one of the best supplements for women around right now.
You can check out our guide to the best five supplements on sale right now by visiting the link below.
We always like to remind our readers that there is no such thing as a ‘magic fat burning pill’ to help you get into shape – no matter what the marketing claims may say.
The simple fact of the matter is that you’ll need to be eating right and training hard before expecting to see results.
That’s why we always recommend that you get those two things on point before trying any new supplement for the first time.
That said, a good supplement can help to support you on your journey if combined with the right healthy lifestyle choices.
So, that brings us to an end of our Skinny Gal by Rockstar review.
Overall, we think that this product shows plenty of promise because of some of the good ingredients used.
However, it’s badly let down by the fact that it uses a proprietary blend and seems to overdo it in terms of the number of ingredients. This is likely to lead to low and ineffective doses.
The daily serving of one capsule per day is also unlikely to be enough to provide your body with an effective dose of the ingredients.
The bottom line? We feel that there are some much better products on the market right now.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Ethan Hazard
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge