It promises to help make use of powerful ingredients to help you lose weight fast and says it will deliver on its claims, unlike other fat burner pills.
The product is branded as an “extreme” weight loss supplement and claims to help burn fat, block carbs and also suppress appetite.
We’re always on the lookout for the latest female fat burners to hit the market, so we were keen to find out more about Skinny Gal by Rockstar.
Most of the fat burners we’ve come across seem to be marketed only towards men, so it’s always refreshing to come across products that have been specifically targeted at women.
Remember to check out our updated guide to the best fat burners for women on the market right now.
This review is going to focus on all of the important things you need to know about this particular supplement, so you can decide whether it’s the product for you or if your money is better spent elsewhere.
As mentioned above, this is a female specific fat burner which claims to help burn fat quickly.
We’re always a bit skeptical of products which claim to work fast than normal, because we all know that burning fat takes patience and consistency.
The simple fact of the matter is that it’s probably going to take you at least a couple of months to see noticeable results when combining any fat burner with a healthy lifestyle.
Skinny Gal claims to have been designed by women, for women. It’s always refreshing to find products aimed solely at women in what tends to be a male-dominated market.
It’s made in the USA and Rockstar are clearly confident in their product, because they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
So, what is this product claimed to do? According to the official marketing material, it’s been designed to promote:
• Thermogenic fat burning
• Increased energy
• Suppress appetite
It’s good that Skinny Gal by Rockstar has been designed to work in multiple ways.
The best fat burner supplements work in at least three ways to help you to burn more fat.
The product claims that it’s been designed as a safe, pure, and all natural weight loss aid for women.
So, does Skinny Gal live up to its own hype or would your money be better spent elsewhere? Let’s take a close look at the all-important ingredients to find out.
Let’s start this part by taking a look at the actual ingredients list of Skinny Gal, so we know exactly what’s in this supplement.
The first disappointing thing that we immediately noticed after taking a quick look at the label is that Skinny Gal uses a proprietary blend.
We do not like it at all when supplements do this, because it means that we don’t know the specific doses of the individual ingredients, which makes it very difficult to judge effectiveness.
Skinny Gal uses 235mg proprietary blend which contains most of the ingredients, which is disappointing because it means that we don’t know the doses of the main ingredients used.
Let’s take a look at the ingredients used in Skinny Gal:
• Caffeine Anhydrous – Boosts energy and can stimulate thermogenic fat burning. It’s one of our top recommended fat burner ingredients. Sadly, we don’t know the dose because of the proprietary blend, but it’s clearly less than 235mg per serving, as that’s the total blend amount.
• Green Coffee – This is a solid inclusion in any fat burner. Green Coffee is rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid, which has been shown to help with weight loss.
• Cayenne Pepper – One of our top recommended fat burning ingredients. Cayenne Pepper is a potent thermogenic ingredient and it also doubles up as an appetite suppressant, which makes it a good selection for any fat burner. Again, though, we don’t know the dose because of the proprietary blend.
• Guarana – Another stimulant to go alongside the Caffeine, It’s probably unnecessary considering that Skinny Gal already uses Caffeine, but it won’t do any harm as long as the dose is right to boost energy levels.
• Apple Cider Vinegar – We’ve found this ingredient in a number of fat burners recently. It does carry a lot of apparent health benefits but we don’t recommend it as one of the very best fat burner ingredients.
• Rhodiola – This is a herb that can help to boost cognition and overall mood. It’s actually one of our favorite pre workout ingredients because it can help to help to keep you motivated and focused through a gruelling workout. Unlikely to help with fat burning, however.
• 5-HTP – This is a well-known mood-enhancing supplement. It is thought that it may help to suppress appetite, but it’s mainly known to help boost mood because it’s a precursor to Serotonin.
• Turmeric – This is a spice commonly used in cooking. However, it’s a good female fat burner ingredient because it’s believed to be able to support the female body’s ability to effectively manage oestrogen levels. This is good, because problems in that department can lead to excess fat storage.
• Hoodia – This is the extract from a plant which usually grows in Botswana, South Africa and Namibia. It’s thought to play a role as an appetite suppressant, which could make sticking to your diet easier.
• Garcinia Cambogia – This tropical fruit extract is another appetite suppressant. There have also been some studies which suggest that it could also help to control blood sugar levels after eating.
• CLA – Short for Conjugated Linoleic Acid. This is a natural fatty acid which is thought to help support weight loss. There are other better proven ingredients out there, though.
• African Mango – This ingredient is high in fiber and could help with digestion in that respect. We’ve found it in a number of fat burners recently, but we don’t rate it as one of the very best ingredients out there.
• White Kidney Bean Extract – This is an ingredient which has been claimed to help with weight loss, although there has not been that much scientific research done into it.
• Raspberry Ketones – Found in the skin of raspberries. It’s thought to work as an appetite suppressant. It’s a good inclusion in Skinny Gal.
Skinny Gal uses an exhaustive ingredients list. There are a staggering 14 ingredients in this supplement, which we don’t think is a good thing.
That’s because supplements that use lots of ingredients tend to serve ineffective doses, because there are so many substances to cram into each serving.
Although Skinny Gal does use some significant appetite suppressants, it was shame that Rockstar didn’t include any Glucomannan, which is our top rated ingredient of this type.
It was also a shame not to find any Green Tea Extract in this supplement. Green Tea is packed full of antioxidants but is also one of the best thermogenic around.
We really feel that Skinny Gal is let down by the fact that it uses a proprietary blend with so many ingredients in it, because that means the substances are all likely to be under-dosed and therefore ineffective.
The main thing we always look out for in fat burners is the over-use of stimulants. Because Skinny Gal uses both Caffeine and Guarana in a proprietary blend, we don’t know how much (or how little) of each of these is used.
This is not good, but at least we can be sure that there’s not more than 235mg of Caffeine per serving, because that’s the total proprietary blend amount.
We always recommend doing your own research into each of the ingredients before taking any supplement for the first time, because you could be allergic to some of the substances used or had problems with them in the past.
Each bottle of Skinny Gal Rockstar contains 60 capsules. That’s a 60 day supply.
The directions say that you should take one capsule per day before a meal.
This is not a good sign in our opinion. One capsule per day is not likely to be enough to deliver effective doses of the ingredients used.
For this reason, the best fat burners on the market use regular servings (3-4 per day) to make sure that your body consistently gets the fuel it needs to burn more fat.
Skinny Gal currently has an average rating of 4.3 out of five stars on Amazon, and it seems to be a largely well-received product by customers.
One person said that they loved Skinny Gal and even went as far as to say that it changed her life.
Someone else said that it helped to curb their appetite and reduce cravings, but they did not notice any fat loss.
However, one other customer was not happy at all and said that it messed with her hormones to leave her feeling sad, which doesn’t sound good at all.
Simply put, no. Skinny Gal does use some good ingredients but the fact that it uses a proprietary blend that is likely to contain weak doses means that we don’t rate it as one of the best fat burners for women around right now.
You can check out our guide to the best fat burners on sale right now by visiting the link below.
We always like to remind our readers that there is no such thing as a ‘magic fat burning pill’ to help you lose weight fast – no matter what the marketing claims may say.
The simple fact of the matter is that you’ll need to be eating right and training hard before expecting to see results from a fat burner.
That’s why we always recommend that you get those two things on point before trying any new supplement for the first time.
So, that brings us to an end of our Skinny Gal by Rockstar review.
Overall, we think that this product shows plenty of promise because of some of the good ingredients used.
However, it’s badly let down by the fact that it uses a proprietary blend and seems to overdo it in terms of the number of ingredients. This is likely to lead to low and ineffective doses.
The daily serving of one capsule per day is also unlikely to be enough to provide your body with an effective dose of fat burning ingredients.
The bottom line? There are some much better products on the market right now.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge
BIOGRAPHY: Kepa Arrizabalaga