It contains a number of different ingredients to help give you an increase in energy and make sure that you’re feeling at your best during your training sessions.
Protein World are one of the leading supplements companies in the UK, and they have recently made their range available worldwide, and not just on British soil.
In this review article, we’re going to take a close look at this product to determined whether the Slender Blend Pre Workout is a supplement you should consider taking before your workouts.
So, let’s get straight down to business and start taking a detailed look at Slender Blend Pre Workout to see how it ranks compared to some of the other best pre workouts on sale right now.
As you’ve probably already guessed, Slender Pre Workout is a supplement designed to give you a boost of energy and focus during your gym and training sessions, to make sure that you get the very most out of your workouts.
There are loads of pre workout supplements on sale these days, with the health and fitness industry booming.
Protein World describe their product as the “most powerful” pre workout formula that they’ve produced to date.
What’s more, the manufacturers also claim that it’s only made with natural and premium ingredients – and that you won’t suffer a post-workout crash if you take it.
That all sounds great, but we’re here to uncover the truth behind all of the marketing hype.
Let’s start taking a closer look at the Slender Pre Workout by examining the ingredients that make it up.
There are some pretty good ingredients in Protein World’s product, but there are also quite a few things missing in our opinion.
Let’s first kick off this section by focusing on the ingredients that the Slender Pre Workout does contain.
• Caffeine – The Slender Pre Workout contains 200mg of caffeine per serving. Caffeine is one of our favorite pre workout ingredients because it’s a natural stimulant that’s been proven time and again to increase energy levels and help with focus. The one thing we would say here is that 200mg is slightly more than we would recommend – we tend to prefer products which have 150mg or less, because they’re less likely to lead to side effects such as the jitters.
• Citrulline Malate – Another one of our top rated ingredients for a pre workout supplement. It’s an amino acid extracted from watermelon and taking it before a workout can boost your nitric oxide levels. In plain English, it means that you’ll experience great muscle pumps during your gym session. Slender Pre Workout contains 2000mg per serving.
• IBCAA – This is Protein World’s take on Branched Chain Amino Acids. We like the fact that they’ve included 4g per serving. It’s actually available as a standalone product on the Protein World website, and they say it helps to prevent muscle breakdown and promote fat burning. Although this sounds great, we don’t rate BCAAs as important pre workout ingredients, but we can see why they’ve included it.
• Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) – This is a substance mainly found in meat and dairy products, and Protein World have included 2g per serving. We don’t rate CLA as a crucial pre workout ingredient, but we guess they’ve included it because it’s believed to increase fat loss and preserve muscle mass.
• Dextrose – This one we’re really not sure about. Dextrose is a simple sugar made from corn and is chemically identical to glucose. It’s often sold on its own to help give users an energy boost, but we think that 2g per serving of this pre workout is a bit much. Yes, you’re likely to feel an energy boost from the sugar, but from our experience these kinds of rushes are followed by energy crashes later in the day.
There are a few other ingredients in Protein World’s product, check out the list in full, along with the doses, in the chart below:
Although this Protein World product does tick quite a few boxes when it comes to the best pre workouts around, there are quite a few of our favorite ingredients missing from the list unfortunately.
For starters, it was disappointing not to find any Creatine on the label as this is one of our favorite pre workout ingredients. It can help to boost endurance and help with muscle repair.
L-Theanine was also missing from this product. It’s one of our favorite ingredients alongside caffeine because it can help you to get the best out of the stimulant, while reducing the nasty side effects.
Rhodiola Rosea and Beetroot extract were another of our two top pre workout ingredients not included in the Slender Blend Pre Workout.
Check out our pick of the leading pre workout supplements on sale right now by hitting the link below.
Usually, these kinds of supplements are pretty safe, as they tend to only contain natural ingredients.
The one thing to be wary of with pre workout supplements is the stimulant content. Caffeine is a great ingredient to get you firing in the gym, but too much of it can cause side effects such as heart palpitations, the jitters and energy crashes.
We’ve already mentioned that the Slender Pre Workout contains a little more than our recommended dose of 150mg per serving, coming in at 200mg.
If you tend to train in the evenings, we wouldn’t recommend taking this supplement because 200mg of caffeine is enough to affect your sleep.
We also always recommend that you carefully check the label yourself to make sure that you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients there.
Each 400g tub of Slender Pre Workout contains 20 servings. At the time of writing this article, it was only available in a peach tea flavor.
The directions say that you should mix two scoops with 300-400ml of water and drink it around 30 minutes before beginning your workout.
There’s a warning saying that you should only use one scoop if you’re sensitive to caffeine.
We also recommend experimenting to see how long it takes for the effects to kick in for you. For some people, it can take up to an hour, and with others it can be much faster.
At the time of writing this article, there were no reviews of the Slender Pre Workout on the official Protein World website, which we must say we found to be a little strange.
They recently changed the ingredients in the product, though, so that might explain it.
Not in our opinion. Although we do consider the Slender Blend Pre Workout to be a decent product, because it’s missing some of our key pre workout ingredients, it doesn’t top our list.
Be sure to check out our full pick of the best pre workouts available right now in our ultimate guide by clicking the link below.
We always recommend that you first make sure that your nutrition and training is on point before considering taking a supplement of any type.
Although a good pre workout can get you feeling great and at your best in the gym, you’ll still have to put in the hard graft to get the results you’re looking for.
You should only consider supplements after you’ve already addressed your regime to get your training and nutrition on point.
So there we are, our full review of Slender Blend Pre Workout Protein World.
Here are our overall thoughts about this product in summary:
• Some good ingredients
• Reputable brand
• Too much caffeine for our liking
• A lot of ingredients missing
• No reviews online
That wraps up our review of this pre workout supplement. We hope that you found it to be useful. Remember to check out our full, extensive guide to pre workouts by hitting the link below.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge
BIOGRAPHY: Kepa Arrizabalaga