Unlike most of the other products in this category, The Ripper fat burner, which is made by a company called Cobra Labs, is delivered in powder form, rather than in capsule.
This is certainly unique and sets it apart from a lot of the similar supplements on sale these days.
But is this fat burner a product worth trying, or would your money be better spent on something else?
If you’re looking to find out everything there is to know about The Ripper fat burner then you’re in the right place.
Our review is going to concentrate on all of the important and key things you need to know about this supplement so you can decide if it’s the right one for you or not.
We’re going to pay particular attention to the ingredients formula and the dosages as we look to deliver our verdict on this popular product and see if it makes it onto our list of the best fat burner supplements on the market right now.
So, with the introductions out of the way, let’s start to take a closer look at The Ripper as we aim to find out where it stands.
So, we’ve clearly already seen that The Ripper fits into the broader category of supplements commonly referred to as ‘fat burners’.
These are products that have been specifically formulated to help give your body more of the fuel it needs to burn fat, while also sometimes raising energy levels and suppressing appetite.
As we mentioned above, The Ripper takes something of a different approach to most of the other products out there because it’s delivered in powder form that you mix into water. This is more like a pre workout supplement than a fat burner.
The powder form sets it apart, because most other fat burners are delivered as easy to swallow capsules.
The problem with using a powder is that The Ripper uses artificial sweeteners to make it taste good. For example, the Pineapple Shred flavor contains artificial flavor and Sucralose, as per the ingredients label.
You can buy The Ripper on bodybuilding.com, where it currently costs around $30 for a 30-serving tub.
According to the marketing material on bodybuilding.com, The Ripper Fat Burner will bring you the following benefits:
• Burn Fat
• Fast Acting and Great Tasting
• All Day Energy
• Appetite Control
At the time of writing this review, The Ripper was available in five different flavors: Razor Lime, Pineapple Shred, Pink Mango Slice, Cherry Limeade and Raspberry Lemonade.
The promotional material on the product page goes on to claim that The Ripper is “one of the most effective and fast acting new fat burners on the market”.
It also says that it will help to “burn fat and help control food cravings” while delivering “clean, consistent energy”.
This all sounds good, but we know not to pay too much attention to what manufacturers say about their own products.
It’s generally better to focus on the important facts such as the ingredients formula and dosages, so let’s now move on to the key section in our The Ripper Fat Burner review.
Let’s begin this vital part of our review by looking at the actual ingredients label as printed on the tub of The Ripper.
We must say that we were a bit disappointed to see that Cobra Labs have chosen to use two proprietary blends to hide the doses of most of the ingredients in The Ripper.
This means that although we know what’s in it, we don’t actually know the individual doses of the ingredients, which makes it hard to judge the effectiveness.
Generally speaking, we prefer to stay away from products which use proprietary blends, as there is really no reason for a manufacturer not to be totally clear and transparent with their customers.
Let’s now take a closer look at the ingredients in The Ripper’s formula.
• Vitamin B12 – You probably already know this, but B Vitamins play an incredibly important role in your overall health. They are essential to your body functioning properly. B12 in particular can help your body to turn the food you eat into energy, so we always like to see it in fat burner supplements.
• Chromium – This is an essential mineral that your body needs in trace amounts in order to be able to function properly. It regulates Glucose metabolism, amongst other things. It’s a solid ingredient.
• Beta Alanine – Now, this is an ingredient that we’re more used to seeing in popular pre workout supplements than fat burners. It is thought that it could help to improve physical performance and help with lean muscle gain.
• Taurine – This is a common ingredient in many sports and energy drinks. It can help with things such as blood and heart health and is found in many foods. It may not help directly with burning fat, however.
• Guarana – This is a plant extract which is usually used as a stimulant. That’s because it contains natural Caffeine. We’re not too keen on it being used alongside Caffeine itself in the same supplement though, as we all know that too much Caffeine can cause side effects.
• Raspberry Ketones – This is a relatively common fat burner ingredient and it is one of the substances in the female weight loss pill Leanbean. It’s a molecule marketed as a fat burning compound.
• Caffeine – This one needs no introduction. We always like to see Caffeine used in fat burners because it can help to boost energy levels and also stimulate metabolism. That said, it’s not great that it’s part of the proprietary blend. It means that we don’t actually know the dose used and whether it’s likely to cause side effects or not.
• Acetyl-L-Carnitine – Again, this is a common ingredient in many of the best pre workout supplements on the market right now. It’s an amino acid that could help to improve physical performance.
• Green Tea – Another great ingredient for a fat burner. Green Tea is a thermogenic ingredient, meaning that it can help to boost your metabolism and get your body burning more calories naturally.
• Green Coffee Bean – Green Coffee Beans are rich in a substance called Chlorogenic Acid, which has been linked to weight loss. It’s a common and decent fat burning ingredient.
• Cinnamon Bark Extract – We’ve not come across Cinnamon Bark Extract in too many fat burner supplements before. It may help to regulate Glucose metabolism, but it may also possess some toxic components. It’s not our favorite ingredient.
• Olive Leaf Extract – Again, not the most common fat burning ingredient but one which could help to regulate Glucose metabolism and bring benefits for skin health.
The Ripper Fat Burner has a long ingredients list, but it’s still missing a few of our top-rated fat burner ingredients, namely:
• Cayenne Pepper
• Black Pepper Extract
Cayenne is one of our favorite fat burner ingredients because it can help to stimulate your metabolism and get your body burning more calories. It can also help to suppress appetite to make sticking to your diet easier.
Glucomannan, meanwhile, is a dietary fiber which could help to keep you feeling fuller for longer and help curb cravings, while Black Pepper Extract can help to boost the absorption of certain ingredients to make for a more effective supplement overall.
To see our updated guide to the best fat burner supplements on sale right now, follow the link below.
The problem with the Ripper Fat Burner is that it uses proprietary blends to hide the doses of most of the ingredients used.
This means that we actually don’t know how much of each ingredient is used.
This is not good at all, especially when it comes to stimulants such as Caffeine and Guarana. We all know that too much Caffeine can cause side effects such as the jitters or energy crashes.
We do also always recommend that you do some of your own research into the ingredients before thinking about trying any new supplement for the first time, and always consult your doctor first too.
The directions for The Ripper are as follows.
Drink one serving (one scoop) mixed with 6-8 ounces (180-250ml) of cold water on an empty stomach 15-30 minutes before breakfast for the first two days to assess tolerance.
An additional one scoop may be taken 5-6 hours later or as directed by a qualified healthcare practitioner.
For best results, they say to use it for 60 days in combination with diet and exercise. There’s a warning on the label saying not to exceed two servings and a 24 hour period.
The Ripper Fat Burner has an overall rating of 8.8 out of 10 on bodybuilding.com.
One person said that they loved it and that they could see the results after only a week of taking it.
Someone else rated it 7 out of 10 and said that it gave them an “uncomfortable feeling” in their head and arms.
We don’t currently rate The Ripper as one of the best fat burner supplements on the market right now.
To see our pick of the best products, click the link below to uncover our updated guide.
Just remember that supplements like this are designed to be combined with a healthy lifestyle and balanced diet.
You should always make sure that you’re training hard, eating right and getting plenty of rest before thinking about any kind of new supplementation.
That being said, a quality fat burner can make a difference if used in the proper way.
So, that brings us to the very end of our The Ripper Fat Burner review.
Overall, we were not hugely impressed by this supplement.
Although it does have some good ingredients such as Green Tea Extract and Caffeine, the fact that it uses proprietary blends to hide the doses of most of the ingredients is not ideal.
From a personal point of view, we also prefer consuming supplements that come in capsule form, simply because it’s easier than having to mix powder with water.
MORE: The latest football news
MORE: The latest tennis news
BIOGRAPHY: Ethan Hazard
BIOGRAPHY: Daniel Sturridge