THE Thermo-X Myprotein Review
We take a look at the ingredients and the important things you need to know about THE Thermo-X by Myprotein
Today we’re going to be reviewing THE Thermo-X supplement made by Myprotein.
Product website: www.myprotein.com
Myprotein are one of the biggest names in the sports nutrition and supplements industry in the UK, and THE Thermo-X is one of their main premium-priced supplements.
Before we get into the details regarding THE Thermo-X, we want to make a few important points about the supplements in this sometimes-controversial category.
So-called ‘fat burner’ supplements are not ‘magic pills’ – and they are generally not proven to ‘burn’ fat on their own.
However, what they can do is provide a range of ingredients such as vitamins, minerals, stimulants and plant extracts, each of which may bring some benefits and support on your health and fitness journey.
Editor's note: The content on this website is meant to be informative in nature, but it should not be taken as medical advice. Our articles and the products featured in them are not intended for use as diagnosis, prevention, and/or treatment of health problems. Always speak with a certified medical professional before making any changes to your lifestyle, diet, exercise routine, and/or taking any supplements.
In this review, we’re going to take a detailed look at THE Thermo-X by Myprotein. We’re going to be paying particularly close attention to the facts about this supplement, such as the ingredients, their doses and the directions.
So, with the main introductions out of the way, let’s begin taking a closer look at THE Thermo-X by Myprotein.
Jump To Section
Myprotein THE Thermo-X – The Basics
THE Thermo-X fits into the broader range of supplements commonly referred to as so-called ‘fat burners’.
Generally speaking, the supplements in this category contain a range of commonly-used ingredients such as stimulants, vitamins and minerals and herbal extracts.
THE Thermo-X is Myprotein’s ‘premium’ offering in this supplement category. It stands out from a lot of the other supplements in the Myprotein range as it comes in a jet black bottle with silver branding.
This supplement is positioned as a more ‘premium’ offering of Myprotein’s Thermopure range of supplements.
The official product page on the Myprotein website describes this supplement as a “turbocharged” product that will be able to help you take your results to “the next level”.
Each bottle of THE Thermo-X comes with either 90 or 180 capsules, and you can order it directly from the official Myprotein website.
The product description on the Myprotein website goes on to say that THE Thermo-X supplement “packs a real punch” and can help to support you on your health and fitness journey.
THE Thermo-X contains 13 active ingredients in its formula, and it comes in a capsule form that’s designed to be swallowed with a big glass of water.
So, now that we’ve covered some of the basic introductory facts about THE Thermo-X, it’s time to start looking at the ingredients formula to see what this supplement actually contains.
Let’s begin this part by looking at the actual ingredients label of THE Thermo-X. The formula below was shown on the official Myprotein website at the time of writing, but you should always check the label of any supplement you purchase, as the ingredients formulas may change from time to time.
As you can see for yourself, THE Thermo-X contains 13 active ingredients in its formula, which includes vitamins, minerals and stimulants. Let’s now look at some of the main ingredients in the formula.
Editor's note: Any health claims about the ingredients mentioned in this article are listed as authorised on the EU Register at the time of publishing. Additionally, you should carefully check the ingredients information shown on the official website of any product you're considering purchasing, as formulas may change from time to time and therefore may differ from what's shown on this page.
• Guarana Seed – You may already be familiar with this ingredient. It’s a herbal extract which comes from the seed of the Guarana plant. It’s one of the main sources of Caffeine in the THE Thermo-X formula.
• Caffeine (from Guarana and Kola Nut) – Although THE Thermo-X does not use pure Caffeine as one of its ingredients, it relies on the stimulant from other sources. In this case, the Caffeine comes from Guarana and Kola Nut Extracts. Each two-capsule serving of THE Thermo-X contains 157mg of Caffeine. To put this dose into context, you’d expect to find around 100mg of Caffeine in a regular cup of coffee.
• Vitamins B6 and B12 – These are two important vitamins that we need to get from our diets. Both Vitamin B6 and B12 help with things such as normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
• Chromium – This is an important trace element that we need to get from our diets. Chromium helps to support normal macronutrient metabolism and the maintenance of normal blood sugar levels.
• Choline – This is another essential nutrient that plays some important role in the body. In case you didn’t know, Choline contributes to normal lipid (fat) metabolism.
• Cayenne Powder – Many of the supplements in this category contain Cayenne or some sort of Chilli Extract. Each serving of THE Thermo-X contains 33mg of Cayenne Powder.
• L-Theanine – This is an amino acid that’s found in tea leaves. It’s often included alongside Caffeine in the same supplement, as is the case here.
• Korean Ginseng Extract – Ginseng is often sold as its own supplement. Each serving of THE Thermo-X contains 67mg of Korean Ginseng Extract.
• TheaCrine (as TeaCrine®) – This is a branded form of a naturally-occurring chemical that’s similar to Caffeine. Each serving contains 140mg.
It’s worth pointing out that THE Thermo-X does not use a proprietary blend in its formula, meaning that we know the precise doses of all of the ingredients.
Price and Where To Buy
The price for a 180-capsule bottle of THE Thermo-X was around £45 from the official Myprotein website at the time of writing.
The best place to buy Myprotein’s supplements is from the official website, and they have some quick delivery options if you’re willing to pay a bit more.
It’s always best to speak to your doctor before taking any new supplement for the first time.
The main thing to be aware of when it comes to the THE Thermo-X formula is this supplement’s Caffeine content.
Each two capsules of THE Thermo-X contains 157mg of total Caffeine from all sources (78.5mg) per capsule.
There is a warning on the label saying that this supplement should not be used by children, or pregnant or breastfeeding women.
The label also says that you should not exceed the stated recommended daily dose, and that supplements are not intended to be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet.
How To Take It
The directions for THE Thermo-X are fairly straightforward. They simply says that you should consume two capsules per day, and before your workout if you desire.
Because of the Caffeine content in this supplement, it is probably best not to take THE Thermo-X within about six hours of when you plan to go to sleep.
Myprotein THE Thermo-X Reviews
At the time of writing, this supplement had an average rating of 3.95 out of 5 stars on the official Myprotein website from a total of 64 reviews.
One happy customer left a five-star review and said that they were really happy with THE Thermo-X despite having been “skeptical” to begin with.
One of the more negative reviews came from somebody who left a one-star rating and said that the supplement simply didn’t suit them.
Pros and Cons
Let’s now weigh up some of the pros and cons of THE Thermo-X.
• Reputable brand
• Wide-ranging ingredients
• Choline helps support normal lipid (fat) metabolism
• Doesn’t contain Green Tea or Glucomannan
• Not Vegan friendly
Is This The Best Supplement For Me?
THE Thermo-X is a promising supplement containing a selection of popular ingredients, including a significant dose of Caffeine.
If you’re interested, you can check out our updated guide to some of the leading supplements in this category via the link below.
Anything Else To Consider?
Just remember that it’s important to get the basics right before thinking about any kind of supplementation.
That means ensuring that you’re sticking to a good diet, following a sensible workout plan, and are getting enough quality, restorative sleep.
Food supplements are not meant to replace a varied, balanced diet and a healthy overall lifestyle.
But they can be useful tools when used sensibly on your health and fitness journey, and when combined with the right lifestyle choices.
Conclusion – Our Final Thoughts
That brings us to the end of our look at THE Thermo-X by Myprotein.
we’ve brought you all of the important things you need to know about this particular supplement, paying particularly close attention to the ingredients, their doses and the directions.
THE Thermo-X contains a lot of the popular ingredients you’d expect to find in a supplement in this category, and also provides a substantial dose of Caffeine to help support you on your health and fitness journey.